Translate

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ipsy July 2014

I've been running quite a bit behind on my unboxing reviews, so bear with me while I play catch up. 


Here we have this months Ipsy bag. I didn't really care for the makeup bag. Just some hot pink pleather looking thing that I feel a grade school child could have made in a home ec. class. Maybe I am being too harsh, or perhaps it was just a very gifted child. I don't know. I'll probably pass it along or sell it or something. 

Am I being too harsh or do you think my opinion is dead-on?


I DO like the zipper pull. Cutest part of the bag. 


The first thing I saw in the bag was a tiny little sample card and inside it was the tiniest little tube of cream eyeshadow I've ever seen. It's adorable. Endearing. 

It is a 5-in-1 BB shadow in Divine Wine from Bare Minerals. The description reads:

Meet the next generation in eyeshadow: creamy, long-wearing color meets exceptional skincare benefits and broad spectrum SPF protection. Chock-full of skin-loving ingredients, this breakthrough product delivers 5 benefits in one luxurious formula: 

1.) 12-hour long-wearing color 

2.) Super-charged primer 

3.) Powerful brightening benefits 

4.) Smoothes fine lines 

5.) Protects with SPF 

Available in a range of 10 seductively neutral shades.

Next up we have a bronzer from PoP Beauty. I didn't even open it. Is that bad? Haha! I just really don't use bronzer. I will play with it, but yeah, it is still not opened and I've had it for at least two weeks. It's "Secret Sunshine".



Stock image because I TOTALLY forgot to take a proper picture out of excitement. 

Next up is a lip gloss from Pixi. The color is Unique Pink. It's my favorite item out of the bag this month! 



Won't use this. Gave it to my dad who is out in the sun 500x more than I am. *shrug*

Baby size sun screen.

Swatch of the gloss and the shadow.

Overall, I was not impressed with this month. I'm keeping them for one last month but I think after August, I'm done with Ipsy for now.

2 comments:

  1. Ipsy has been disappointing lately. I'm thinking about cancelling too. They seem to do better in the winter months than the summer ones though. I dunno. I'm on the fence. I use at least one item per bag that seemingly pays for the bag, so I'm always like Mehhhhhhh. The BB cream is more like poop brown than divine wine. I got the same one. I'll likely use it come fall though. Also, the sunscreen moisturizer is a $55 sunscreen. It's outrageous. I got a full size of it in my boxycharm this month. Boxycharm seems to be a much better sub. it's 21 a month, but it seems way better to me. I think I'm gonna cancel Ipsy by the end of the year unless their bags really pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted that bronzer though. You suck. I traded my sister the jojoba cream for the pixi item though. I love the pixi shade (I got the same one as you) cuz it adjusting. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete