Translate

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Coffee & Company

This is not a subscription but this is a company I discovered one year on vacation in Gatlinburg. Tennessee. I've been a faithful customer for many years now and I recently decided I needed some new beans to sip on.

The woman that runs the company is Jeanette Peterson. She always includes a free sample (at least one, sometimes more) and she always includes a little note to say thanks. The actual shop is tiny and charming and smells like heaven. I hope to someday go back and browse her shop and smell all the goodness and then order a fresh cup and go sit out in the sunshine and enjoy the day.

The thank you note!

My two pounds of coffee and the free sample

Smoky Mountain Mist
Blend of Indonesian, African and Central American coffees. Medium body with clean after taste.


The sample is LeConte View

Aromatic blend of Indonesian & African coffees with a rich smooth taste. Hints of fruity black currant notes. Medium bodied and well balanced. 



And last, but not least, Highlander Grogg.
A tasty  blend of Irish Crème, rum and hazelnut.


The descriptions really don't do them justice. I've had the two I bought before so I can testify to their good ness but I have not tried LeConte View yet. I'm sure it will be equally good. These beans are always nice and fresh, well roasted, and even a touch oily. Highlander Grogg is my absolute favorite. I almost always order a pound of that every time I put in an order. 

They have a nice assortment of straights and flavors. They also offer decaf if you're trying to cut down your caffeine intake. Definitely check them out! They also change things up depending on season! The seasonal flavors can be pretty damned good! Check out Coffee & Company and let me know what you guys think!

2 comments:

  1. I dunno if you'd be interested, but I know TOMS coffee's are really good too. (http://www.toms.com/coffee/coffee-roasts) and when you order them (cuz they are on the pricey side) you're also helping get water to kids who need it. (http://www.toms.com/gift-of-water) which I think is pretty awesome. Those coffees sound really tasty though. :) I like the smell of coffee more than the taste of it. I'm really a tea girl to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I will definitely look into it. I have been attempting to reach out into the world of tea, lately, as well. Coffee has always been my first love. The next time I need more coffee I'll give this a shot. Can't say no to getting something I want AND helping other people out at the same time. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete