Translate

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Box of Dread July 2014

Most folks who know me on a personal level know I have a strong love for horror. I had learned a couple months back that Dread Central offered a horror themed sub box every month so I decided to jump on it for the first time. I was pretty excited but I do have to admit once it arrived and I had pawed through the contents of the box I was a little disappointed. 

Why? I honestly have to say that I could have gone to any horror convention (Cinema Wasteland comes to mind) in my area and been able to pick up most of these items for probably LESS than the price of the box (It was like 20 bucks). Follow me down to the photos and we'll talk about them individually. This months box features Full Moon features merch and movie (plus a free month of their streaming film catalog... was a good deal with THAT bit at least)



What I saw once I opened it.

You had a chance to get a couple different shot glasses OR the cards. I got the cards.

They're cool.
I got a copy of Trancers. Never seen it. At least I don't think I have? Hmm...


Small print poster of the film Laserblast...... cheeeeeese, hahaha.

I thought THIS was pretty cool. I haven't read it yet, but it is on my to-do list.





I don't want to bad mouth the box at all. It's fine. Just not 20 bucks fine. I'd feel better if it were 15. Needless to say, I cancelled. I am sure I will try it once more in a couple of months, but for now, once is enough.  Excuse me now, while I got watch some streaming horror. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment