Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ipsy for June!!

I have been anxiously awaiting my first Ipsy bag since the beginning of May!! It felt like eons, but it finally arrived and I have to tell you guys, I am tickled silly. I love pretty much everything that came in my bag. There were only a couple mishaps and 50% of that was my own doing.

Want your own Ipsy bag?

So for starters, the bag this month is by Rebecca Minkoff. It's a sort of abstract tropical print. The material is very nice quality. It doesn't stink like a lot of people have complained about past Ipsy bags (like that chemically processed smell), It's sort of a navy base with blues, greens, and oranges in the shapes of pineapple's and flowers. Sounds gaudy, but it's actually quite cute. Unfortunately I ACCIDENTALLY snipped the label when I was cutting open the mailer envelope so I am a bit bummed about that.


Can you see where I murdered the tag? Of course you can. :(





Before I even open the bag, I notice I have a pack of Truth To Go wipes, which are "gentle, moisturizing, age defying cleansing wipes". I tried one out this morning and I quite like the way they smell. Kind of fruity. Makes sense because there are a lot of fruity ingredients in it. I will definitely buy more of them in the future.

Inside the bag, I have a Be A Bombshell mascara. Black. It smells awful. Almost like old garlic. Phew. I don't know what to think about this and I have heard an awful lot of mixed reviews on the brand. I am not sure I'm brave enough to try it? The packaging is cute. Sort of a thick, matte-black metal tube. Pleasingly round in the right places.

I also got a liquid liner in black by Jessie's Girl. Normally I would be thrilled but the damned thing skooged all over me when I took the cap off it have a look at it. I am STILL trying to scrub eyeliner from under my nail bed. Ugh. I have cleaned it up and it now seems to be ok and workable though. All I can imagine is that the heat during shipment got to it.

There is a Beach Spray by Marc Anthony. Dream Waves. It smells great but I haven't used it yet so I don't really have a valid opinion on it. I will need to make a review post where I review ALL THE THINGS I've used from prior boxes so you folks have a good idea of what is good and what isn't.

Last and most certainly NOT least I got a Nyx Buttergloss in Eclair. It's so soft and pink and it smells like vanilla cupcakes. I would be afraid to wear it for anyone to kiss me out of fear they would eat my face. Seriously, it's a great product and adorable. I just love anything from Nyx. They're one of my favorite cosmetic brands today.

Here is all the other stuff!
All in all, this bag was pretty great! For 10 bucks a month you really can't argue with it at all. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment