Translate

Friday, June 6, 2014

Birchbox for June 2014

Before I even begin to talk about the things I got, I have to express my distinct disappointment in this months box. Not a single full size product and all under the guise of travel. Things you would take with you in a carry-on or in your purse for a plane flight. Really, Birchbox? Maybe I am just expecting a lot of 10 bucks a month. Maybe I am being unreasonable. I don't happen to think so. I know, for a fact I can get a lot of sample size products like these for FREE if I write an email to the company and just ASK for some. For 10 bucks, you can afford to toss in a gloss or a liner or some shadow. ANYTHING. Ugh.

Enough of my bitterness. I will move on to the theme and then the photos and what else came in the box I didn't take photos of.

First we have a sample size of Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for the face. It's basically a tiny sample tube of a mineral BB cream. Interesting to see if it works ok or not. I'm to annoyed to care much right now.

Gilchrist and Soames body lotion. No smell. No nothing. Just a 1.5fl oz bottle of plain-ass lotion. Not impressed.

Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum. Just a little sample tube-sprayer of perfume. Smells ok. Full size is $98 bucks. I don't like it THAT much. It's supposed to be a "fresh blend of mandarin. rose, and sandalwood. I would maybe purchase it in a roll-on. MAYBE.

Number 4 hair hydrating shampoo (1 fl oz). This is supposed to be sulfate-free, which I appreciate, because I am allergic to sulfates. It makes the skin on my face blister and scar. I can't be mad at this sample. What I CAN be mad at is the jerks typed in the card in a highlighted blue: "Bonus! We added in the hydrating condition for the ultimate in nourishment." I am SURE that was such a hardship for you. It's a foil packet sample with .25 fl oz. Not even a bottle, like the shampoo. *scribble cloud*

Lastly, we have from Vasanti Cosmetics an enzymatic cleanser. BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. A small 20g bottle. This is also sulfate-free, thank goodness. I am interested to try it but it was really just a very depressing box. It's hard to really feel excited about any of it.

Also in the box was some "quiz" thing from Jetblue they want you to take and then take a photo after you've taken it to submit and enter to win a free trip to somewhere. I don't really care about that unless they plan to include cost of dialysis in that trip. There is also an ad for a new liner from Benefit cosmetics.

And now, the photos.






Add caption

Opened up the tissue and this is what I saw.

This is basically everything
My BONUS! conditioner

The perfume is in there. It looks like a small glass tube full of perfume. 


2 comments:

  1. There's a lot of love/hate with Birchbox. . . Their points system is *amazeballs* though. I basically got a free roll on perfume because I've reviewed their boxes/products. So it's a lot of "meh" boxes, and yet you're trying brands you might not have and been introduced to stuff you may not have bought. But yeah. . . the rewards.....can't beat their program there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah after sleeping on it, I feel a lot better about the box. I mean they did give me a bunch of sulfate free stuff, which I sorely need because I break out (and scar) really badly from normal soaps/shampoos/etc. I think I was just sad they were all samples and nothing full size but the point systems do more than make up for the hit or miss boxes.

      Delete