Translate

Friday, May 23, 2014

Not a girly-girl but girly-girl curious?

I haven't really been much into nail polish, or really anything girly in my entire life. I mean I know how to apply basic makeup. I know how to paint my fingers and remove polish. I have NEVER in my life had a mani or pedi (GASP! I know, I know). I don't always go to a salon to get my hair cut or dyed or styled.

I've always been a little to no-makeup, roll out of bed and fall into whatever clothes are on the floor, wash your hair and air dry kind of chick.

This blog is partly about my foray into this mysterious (to me) world. I will discover new things and new techniques and you get to be my little audience into this awkward place. Of course, it's not ALL about the girl stuff. It will also be about what a nerd/geek/horror fan I am. It's basically the part of me I decide to allow the public to see and know.

Back to the whole polish talk... here are is my first real attempt at doing my own nails. It wasn't more than painting them with two different polishes. One solid and one glitter and making sure the large pieces of "glitter" got to each nail. I have been getting a lot of compliments, which frankly surprises me because I really didn't think I did such a great job but one of the nurses at the hospital the other day asked where I got it done and I told her I did it and she looked surprised, leaving ME surprised. *shrug* I wouldn't quit my day job. Ha ha.





The nails in Cameo 18 with Neon Blossom on top

*shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment