Translate

Saturday, May 17, 2014

May's Birchbox!!

My first Birchbox! How exciting! Sadly it was a little later than they had intended it to be, so they nicely gave me 100 pts to keep me happy (it wasn't necessary, but appreciated!). It arrived in a bright yellow little box mailer which I promptly tore into to reach the treasures held within.

Now I was bad and nosy and watched videos of other people's May unboxing and blogs of other folks unboxing so I had a decent idea of what I was going to receive. Birchbox tricked me a little bit though by giving me things I didn't quite expect. I LOVE being tricked, especially when it's a pleasant surprise. Anyhow, that's enough of my blathering!

If you decide you're into the idea of getting cool crap in the mail for a reasonable monthly fee (10 bucks for the ladies and 20 for the gents.... I believe it's because men get clothes and junk in their boxes while the ladies do not.) please do follow my referral link and get started! I could use the points and you could use the fun mail! 



 On to the photographic evidence! I hope you're as excited as I am!


So simple but so lovely!

The guts are even better. I dig the pattern and I LOVE yellow!

Here is a look at my stuff!

A small sample of Noya lip gloss in Summertime Peach
A surprise! A Cynthia Rowley eyeliner in a lovely silver!

Here's a look at the liner. It does NOT rub off either. I tried. Hard.

Did I take photos of everything? Nah, not really. I  mean I got some shampoo and conditioner packets from Kerastase. It's formulated for long, fine hair. While mine is not currently long, it is very fine so these samples should work nicely. I never mind shampoo samples unless everything in the box is shampoo stuff. There is also an interesting little 1 oz bottle of lotion. It's by Perlier. Intensive Nurturing Body Balm with Almond Milk. Smells kinda good. In a lotiony non-perfume sort of way, if that makes sense.

I don't really care for the lip gloss. It feels really weird... like somewhere between a waxy chap stick and a sticky lip gloss. It's the worst of both worlds. I feel like the color does not go on evenly. I don't know. I am glad it's only a little sample and not a full size item or I would not know what to do with it. For now it can just rest in the makeup reserves box until I decide to play with it again. There's also a coupon for like 25 bucks off of 75 dollar and up orders from Saturday.com but I highly doubt I'll use it. We'll see.

All in all, I am very pleased with this box. I was expecting things I was going to hate, but they must have read my mind and changed up MY box just to fool me. Good show, Birchbox. Good show!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the Kerastase works. My hair is fine and I'm growing it out, so I'm always looking for good hair products for fine hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely let ya know! I am always looking for good new hair products as well. Fine hair can be more difficult than people realize.

      Delete